1. It’s warming
2. It’s us
3. We’re sure
4. It’s bad
5. We can fix it
Kim Nicholas – climate scientist.
- Recent / News
- Sir David Attenborough: Breaking Boundaries – The Science of Our Planet
- Inspiring Al Gore TED Talk
- Just Have Another Think: COP 26 Key Priorities
- Fully Charged: Stop Burning Stuff
Globally, fossil fuel subsidies were $5.9 trillion in 2020 . This is 11 Million US dollars per minute! Canada subsidizes fossil fuels at the rate of $9 Million (CDN) per hour. Source: International Monetary Fund Working Paper No. 2021/236.
- Just Have a Think – the climate and sustainable energy channel
- Fully Charged Show – the world’s no. 1 clean energy and electric vehicle channel
- Transport Evolved – the world of cleaner, greener, safer, and smarter transport
- E for Electric – the world of electric cars
- Not Just Bikes – Stories of great urban planning
- Undecided – electric vehicles, solar panels, and renewable energy… to transition off of fossil fuels. Smart home technology…
- Green Economy Heroes – Dianne Saxe podcast teasers
The WMO (World Meteorological Organization) report found that “economic losses related to weather, climate and water extremes have increased ten-fold over the past 50 years” in the North America, Central America and Caribbean region”.
“If you really think that the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money.” Guy McPherson
- Climate Science
Jennifer Granholm, United States Energy Secretary rejects the status quo on climate policy and pointed out that too many people say that ambitious targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions can’t be reached. “Climate disasters worldwide tell us that the scariest thing we could do is nothing at all. Let’s prove we can meet this moment.”
- Active Transportation
- Why the Dutch Wait Less at Traffic Lights (Not Just Bikes YouTube video)
- Why Canadians Can’t Bike in the Winter (but Finnish people can) – (Not Just Bikes YouTube video)
“I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.” Greta Thunberg
Small acts when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.
- Canadian / Local Climate Action
- Seth Klein
- Mobilization: Climate Emergency Unit
- Environmental Defense – Defending clean water, a safe climate,
and healthy communities
- 350 Kingston – a group of Kingston area citizens committed to taking action on climate change
- LeadNow – Leadnow is a people-powered movement fighting for a better Canada (Healthy Environment; Just Society; Fair Economy; Open Democracy)
From the CBC (Article here): “Canadian fossil fuel producers receive more public financial support than any others in the developed world, according to a new analysis.” “On average, the report finds G20 countries provided about 2.5 times more support for fossil fuels than renewables. In Canada, the ratio is 14.5.“
- Gavin’s Favourites:
- https://cleantechnica.com/ This is my good news site because it covers EV’s, battery development and some solar and wind.
- https://insideclimatenews.org/ This site produces some very revealing indepth stories and good climate inaction reporting.
- https://www.dailyclimate.org/ Another site covering climate inaction well, some solutions stories.
- In my inbox I subscribe to nationalobserver.com newsletter, The Energy Mix newsletter at https://www.theenergymix.com/, and The Guardian First Thing newsletter
There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew. – Marshall McLuhan
Building a new home? Consider building it to Passive House / Net-Zero Ready or Net-Zero standards. One Kingston example: KingstonPassiveHouse | Thoughts, Design and Construction of Kingstons’ first “Passive House” (wordpress.com)
See Home Page for Featured Videos, Articles, Podcasts, etc.